Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, brisket braised in red wine and chocolate. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have brisket braised in red wine and chocolate using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate:
- Make ready bacon
- Make ready beef brisket
- Take large white onion, chopped
- Get garlic, finely chopped
- Make ready carrot, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 cm slices
- Take celery sticks, chopped
- Get dry red wine
- Prepare beef stock
- Take bay leaf
- Make ready star anise
- Make ready fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Get 70% dark chocolate
Instructions to make Brisket braised in red wine and chocolate:
- Put a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the bacon and fry until crisp. Remove the bacon, but leave the bacon fat.
- Season the brisket well with salt and pepper, then brown it in the bacon fat for a few minutes on every side, until it's evenly browned.
- Sprinkle the onion, garlic, carrot and celery around the brisket and let cook a few minutes. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot, including beneath the beef and veg.
- Pour in the wine and beef stock. Add the bay leaf, star anise, a pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Bring to a simmer, then cover and turn the heat down to low. Let simmer 3 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender.
- Remove the meat from the pot. Fish out the bay leaf and star anise and turn the heat up to medium-high. Add the rosemary and chocolate. Let the sauce simmer until reduced by about half. Using two forks, pull the brisket apart into chunks, then add it back to the sauce. Add additional salt and pepper as needed. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it into the stew when serving.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food brisket braised in red wine and chocolate recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!