Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, eric's chicken and waffles with maple bourbon syrup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have eric's chicken and waffles with maple bourbon syrup using 35 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup:
- Get chicken thighs
- Make ready buttermilk
- Take Sriracha
- Prepare For the Oil
- Prepare Peanut oil
- Make ready sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Take Some fresh sage
- Make ready Some fresh thyme
- Make ready small head of garlic
- Prepare For the Dredge
- Make ready all-purpose flour
- Get cornstarch
- Get baking powder
- Get salt
- Prepare paprika
- Get onion powder
- Make ready garlic powder
- Get dried oregano
- Take dried basil
- Make ready white pepper
- Make ready cayenne pepper
- Get light brown sugar
- Prepare For the Maple Bourbon Syrup
- Take bourbon
- Get maple syrup
- Take butter
- Get For the Waffles
- Make ready whole milk
- Take all-purpose flour
- Prepare baking powder
- Prepare sugar
- Make ready cinnamon
- Get eggs, whites and yolks separated
- Take vegetable oil
- Make ready vanilla extract
Steps to make Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup:
- Mix 1 quart of buttermilk and sriracha in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat the pieces. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours. I prefer to do it the evening prior and just leave them in overnight.
- Mix everything for the dredge together in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, and divide into 2 separate containers. You'll be doing a dry wet dry dredge prior to frying. Place the other half quart of buttermilk into a container as well.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and remove the pieces from the buttermilk mixture, placing them in a colander to drain off the excess liquid.
- Taking each piece of chicken, dredge them in one container of flour, pat off the excess, then dip them into the new buttermilk, drip off the excess, then dredge in the second flour container. Pat off the excess again and set aside.
- The size of the pot you use to fry will determine how much oil you use. I use a large spaghetti pot and put a few inches of oil into it, careful stay below filling it halfway. Toss in the oil additives and turn the heat on med high, getting the temperature to 350-360 degrees. The herbs and garlic will add flavor to the oil as it heats up.
- Add the chicken pieces a few at a time. Do not overcrowd the pot as the temperature will drop. Cook thoroughly for about 20 minutes, rotating the pieces every few minutes until the chicken is golden brown. Move the finished chicken to a rack to drip and rest for 10 minutes
- FOR THE SYRUP: - Mix the bourbon and maple syrup in a small saucepan and set to med high heat to cook off the alcohol. This should take about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until everything is combined. Set aside until warm or cool.
- FOR THE WAFFLES: - Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract in another bowl and then combine that with the flour mixture.
- Fold the egg whites into the yolk and flour mixture. Once combined, cook them in the waffle iron of your choice.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food eric's chicken and waffles with maple bourbon syrup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!