Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, roast turkey. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Roast Turkey is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Roast Turkey is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have roast turkey using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Roast Turkey:
- Take - (7.5 kg) (15lbs)Fresh or Fully thawed Turkey
- Get vegetable oil
- Make ready To taste:
- Get garlic powder
- Get salt
- Prepare pepper
- Get sage
- Make ready parsley
Steps to make Roast Turkey:
- Throughly wash turkey in cold water inside and out.
- Place in a large roast pan. Brush all over with vegetable oil (do not use olive oil as it will burn)
- Sprinkle seasoning all over: garlic powder, salt, pepper, sage and parsley (no exact measurements, season to taste)
- Do not Add any liquid!
- Roast in oven at 375c for three hours basting periodically with the turkeys own juices. When the breast / top is browned enough, cover only that area loosely with foil.
- After three hours reduce heat to 325c baste once more. After an hour check with meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh. A sure sign it’s done is the juices will run clear.
- Remove from oven, place on a platter to rest for about 30 minutes. Carve and enjoy.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food roast turkey recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!