Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, mango-lime-chili roast chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mango-lime-chili roast chicken is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Mango-lime-chili roast chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook mango-lime-chili roast chicken using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mango-lime-chili roast chicken:
- Get whole roasting chicken
- Prepare fresh mango slices, chopped (about 1 large mango)
- Prepare serrano chili, chopped
- Get Juice of 1/2 lime
- Take fish sauce
- Get honey
- Get ground allspice
Steps to make Mango-lime-chili roast chicken:
- The day prior, season the chicken with salt (don't forget the inside of the bird). Leave the chicken uncovered in your fridge overnight. This will allow the salt to penetrate and flavour the meat, while also keeping it moist.
- In a blender, blitz the mango, chili, and lime into a puree. Run it through a mesh sieve into a small pot. Put the pot on medium-high heat and add the fish sauce, honey and allspice. Taste it and add more honey and/or salt as needed. Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Remove the pot from the heat to cool.
- Once cooled to room temperature, spread half the marinade on the chicken. Put the chicken back in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Truss the chicken, then put it on a wire rack on a baking tray and brush it with a little veg oil. Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs until a meat thermometer registers 165 F. I usually measure both the breast and thigh to be sure. Keep an eye on the chicken while it cooks. It will burn a little due to the sugar, so don't worry too much, but if it gets too dark use a piece of foil to tent it.
- Brush the remaining marinade onto the chicken and roast uncovered a final minute or two so it gets sticky. Pull the chicken from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food mango-lime-chili roast chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!