Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, arroz caldo (chicken rice porridge). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have arroz caldo (chicken rice porridge) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge):
- Take 1 cup Glutinous rice
- Prepare 1 cup Jasmine rice
- Take 2 Tbsps Cooking oil
- Take 1/2 Chicken (cut parts to your liking)
- Get 1 pc. Ginger (Julienne cuts)
- Make ready 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Prepare 1 medium size Onion (diced)
- Take 1 Tbsp Salt + Black pepper
- Prepare 5 cups Water
- Take 3 Tbsps Safflower/Kasubha
- Get 1/2 bundle Lemongrass
- Take 1 Tbsps Crushed Crunchy Garlic Toppings (garnish) per serving
- Take 1 Tbsp Spring onions (garnish) per serving
Instructions to make Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge):
- Combine glutinous and jasmine rice together, then add water to submerge and mix rice combination entirely. Soak for 3-5hrs.
- Chop the half chicken into small parts, then wash thoroughly before setting aside.
- Place your cooking pot onto your stove, set in medium heat. Start sautéing ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Add chicken parts, mix well. Add in the rice combination. Stir. Let simmer 5-8mins. Add salt and black pepper.
- Add in water. Stir well until rice is nice and soft (not too mushy). Add more hot water if porridge is too thick. Add Safflower (it’ll give a yellowish colour) then stir then add lemongrass, and let simmer for 3-5mins.. Once well cooked. Taste. Add salt/black pepper if necessary.
- Pour into a bowl. Garnish with crunchy minced garlic and spring onions. Adding a boiled egg per serving is optional but always serve this dish while it hot and fresh from the pot!
- Share and enjoy! 💟
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food arroz caldo (chicken rice porridge) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!