Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, ford fry chicken tortilla soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ford Fry Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Ford Fry Chicken Tortilla Soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have ford fry chicken tortilla soup using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ford Fry Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Prepare Broth
- Take 1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- Make ready 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- Make ready 1 coarsely chopped carrot
- Make ready 1 coarsely chopped celery stalk
- Make ready 1 poblano pepper, seeded, coarsely chopped
- Make ready 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Take 1/2 tsp oregano
- Get 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready Soup
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) can hominy, drained, rinsed
- Prepare 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- Get 2 small carrots, sliced
- Make ready 1 small zucchini, sliced
- Prepare Chicken
- Make ready 1 pound chicken tenderloins seasoned with:
- Take 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- Take 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Take 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Take 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Prepare Garnish
- Get 1 cup shredded Chihuahua or mild, soft white cheddar cheese
- Take 1 avocado, peeled, diced
- Get 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- Get 1/2 cup tortilla strips
Steps to make Ford Fry Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- In a large pot, combine broth, onion, carrot, celery, poblano, cilantro, oregano, and salt, and bring to simmer over medium heat while stirring occasionally
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, start chicken.
- While broth simmers, season chicken all over and cook in cast iron pan over medium high heat, 5 minutes per side or until it has a nice brown/ black fajita type crust but stays tender (155 F at the center!)
- Add your splash of soy sauce and a bit more brown sugar. Toss chicken 1 minute or until gooey caramelized. Should look kind of like this.
- Let chicken cool 5 minutes in a bowl, then either chop into bite sized chunks or shred.
- Strain broth when done, discarding solids. Add salt to taste.
- Return broth to pot over low heat. Add hominy, onion, carrots, zucchini and boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and bring back to boil.
- Divide soup into bowls. Garnish with cheese, avocado, tomato, and tortilla strips.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food ford fry chicken tortilla soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!