Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken adobo. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Adobo is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Chicken Adobo is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have chicken adobo using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Adobo:
- Get 3 pounds chicken thighs - skin removed, boneless or bone in
- Make ready 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 1 onion, medium, sliced
- Make ready 6 large garlic cloves, sliced (or more!!)
- Make ready 2 bay leaves, medium/large
- Get 1 tsp ground black pepper (to taste)
- Prepare 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Make ready 1/2 cup rice vinegar (or plain white vinegar, or a mix of both)
- Get 1 tsp brown sugar
- Make ready 2 green onions, sliced thinly
Instructions to make Chicken Adobo:
- Heat oil in large, heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add bay leaves and garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute more. (Do not allow garlic to burn.) Remove from pan to a small bowl and set aside.
- Place chicken pieces in pan, surround with the onion garlic mixture. brown slightly, about 3- 4 minutes per side. Season both sides with black pepper.
- While chicken is browning, mix together the vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Pour mixture over chicken, stirring around to mix well with the onion and garlic.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally, spooning sauce over the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle green onion on top before serving with lots of steamed rice to soak up the scrumptious sauce. Enjoy! (Don't forget to remove the bay leaves.)
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken adobo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!