Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, brown butter and sage linguine with chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Brown butter and sage linguine with chicken is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Brown butter and sage linguine with chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook brown butter and sage linguine with chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Brown butter and sage linguine with chicken:
- Take 2 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- Take 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Make ready Handful fresh sage (about 2 dozen leaves)
- Make ready 450 g dry linguine
- Make ready 1 large shallot, finely sliced
- Prepare 1/2 fresh lemon (finely grated rind and juice)
- Prepare Freshly grated parmesan for garnish
Instructions to make Brown butter and sage linguine with chicken:
- Wrap the chicken breasts in between layers of cling film and use a kitchen mallet, rolling pin, or pot to pound them to an even thickness (aim for about 1 to 1 1/2 cm).
- Put a large pan on medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt. Add the sage leaves and let them fry until crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes. Fish out the sage leaves and set them aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and lay them into the pan. Turn the heat up to medium-high and add a splash of olive oil. Sear the chicken, turning over every few minutes, for about 12 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 165 F internal temperature. Remove the breasts to a plate to rest.
- Drop the pasta into a large pot of boiling, salted water. By the time the noodles are cooked, the sauce should be ready.
- Add the shallots to the pan you used for the sage. Turn the heat back down to medium and let cook about 5 minutes until the shallots are soft and starting to brown. If they seem to cook too fast, add a ladleful of the pasta cooking water to slow the process down.
- Carve the chicken into large chunks and return the pieces to the pan. Stir in a few more ladles of pasta water until the sauce emulsifies and thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer gently until the pasta is ready.
- Drag the cooked noodles into the pan of sauce. Add the lemon rind and a squeeze of juice, then toss to coat. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and the crispy sage leaves.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food brown butter and sage linguine with chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!