Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, braised pork belly & sausage. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Braised Pork Belly & Sausage is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Braised Pork Belly & Sausage is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have braised pork belly & sausage using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Braised Pork Belly & Sausage:
- Make ready Pork Belly
- Prepare Pork Sausages
- Prepare Boiled Eggs
- Make ready Small Onions
- Take Garlic
- Prepare Fish Sauce
- Make ready Soy Sauce
- Take Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Get Star Anise
- Prepare Hot Chili
- Take Unpacked Brown Sugar
- Get Molasses
- Make ready Salt
- Make ready Black Pepper
- Take Bullion
- Make ready Oil
Instructions to make Braised Pork Belly & Sausage:
- Boil 8 eggs and set aside. Chop onions and peel garlic (Leave Whole). Put some oil in a hot pot and start sautéing until translucent. Season the veggies with a bit of salt and black pepper. Add sausage and star anise.
- Prepare 1.5 liters of stock and add it to the sausage and vegetable mixture. Add in fish and soy sauces. Bring to a boil and simmer (covered) for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- By now, the sausage will have really started to flavor the broth. You can start preparing your pork belly.
- Slice the pork belly in half lengthwise and then dice into large cubes. Add into pot. Stir.
- Add in coconut milk and hot chili. Stir and continue simmering for an hour. If you want to speed things up, you can take the lid off to allow it to reduce. I chose to leave the lid on to let the sausage and pork belly become super tender.
- Add in peeled boiled eggs. If at any point, you feel the liquid level is decreasing too much, add a touch of water to keep everything happy. Continue simmering uncovered while stirring occasionally.
- Put sugar in a frying pan on medium heat along with molasses. Stir constantly until it caramelizes. Add to Pot. Simmer uncovered.
- About an hour after adding that sugar and simmering uncovered, you’ll have something like this. By now, everything has been technically “done” hours ago. But by simmering slowly, the flavors are intensifying. I stopped here. 1. I ladled a bit over some rice and had some pickled celery with it. Took an eternity, but it was well worth it.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food braised pork belly & sausage recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!