Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree using 28 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree:
- Get For the ox tail
- Get 4-6 large pieces of ox tail. I had almost 2 lbs
- Get Seasoned salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and onion powder
- Make ready Ground coriander
- Take 2 + 2 tbs canola oil
- Prepare 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- Get 2 tbs minced garlic
- Make ready 2 cups beef broth
- Make ready 1 cup red wine, I used cabernet sauvignon
- Prepare 1/2 bunch Italian parsley
- Take For the reduction
- Get 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- Get 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced into bight sized pieces
- Take 2 tbs butter
- Make ready 1 tbs garlic
- Make ready 1/2 cup cream sherry
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup cabernet sauvignon
- Get 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- Make ready 2 tbs brown sugar
- Prepare 1 cup drippings from the ox tail
- Get For the cauliflower puree
- Prepare 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Take 1 lg head cauliflower, remove core and separate florets
- Get 4 cups beef broth
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Sea salt and white pepper
- Take 3 tbs butter
- Take Drizzle of heavy cream
- Get Bourbon barrel aged cheese, or whatever cheese you like
Instructions to make Brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree:
- Place ox tail on a plate. Coat well with spices on both sides. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat with 2 tbs oil. Brown ox tail on both sides
- At the same time, my one pot has a saute mode. I like using this before I pressure cook because it gets everything good and hot. Heat one pot on saute mode with 2 tbs oil. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and red wine to the one pot. Bring to a simmer. Add the ox tail to the one pot and lay parsley on top. Seal and pressure cook for 70 minutes.
- Next, get a small frying pan. Heat on medium. Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan until golden. Stir often. When done, set aside.
- The next two steps take about 20 minutes, so time accordingly with the cooking and decompress time of the pressure cooker.
- In a large sauce pot, add cauliflower and cover with beef broth. Bring to a simmer covered. Simmer until stalks are very soft.
- At the same time, heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots, portobello, and butter. Saute until shallots start to caramelize. Add garlic, and saute for 2 minutes. Add both wines, vinegar, and brown sugar. Let liquid reduce by at least half, maybe more. Turn to low and wait until ox tail is done.
- When ox tail is done, and the lid is safely off of the pressure cooker, add 1 cup of the broth from the oxtail to the reduction. Turn heat to medium high, and reduce by half again.
- At the same time, drain cauliflower. While still hot, add butter. Use an immersion blender to whip together. When well blended, slowly add cream and blend until mixture is light and smooth. This doesn't take much, I used less than a 1/4 cup. Season to taste.
- Plate the cauliflower in a shallow bowl. Shred some cheese over the top. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Add oxtail to one side. Spoon reduction over the top of the oxtail. Garnish with minced chives. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!