Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chicken fettuccine alfredo. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook chicken fettuccine alfredo using 23 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
- Prepare For the chicken:
- Prepare 2 large chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs
- Get 1 1/2 tsp pink salt
- Get 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Get 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Make ready 2 tbsp olive oil
- Take 1 tbsp butter
- Get Fettuccine:
- Take Water
- Make ready 1 tbsp pink salt
- Make ready 12 oz fettuccine
- Make ready Alfredo sauce:
- Make ready 3/4 cup butter
- Take 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Take 2 cups heavy cream
- Make ready 1 1/4 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/2 tsp black pepper; more to taste
- Prepare 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Make ready 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Make ready 1/2-1 cup parmesan cheese
- Get 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Prepare For garnish:
- Take Parmesan cheese and or parsley
Instructions to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
- Preparing the chicken: Use a sharp knife to slice each chicken breast in half horizontally, to create a thin cutlet. Start at the thick edge of the chicken breast. See photos. You should end up with 4 thin pieces of chicken that are the same shape as a chicken breast, just thinner.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 and 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika. Pat the chicken with paper towels on both sides until it is very dry. Sprinkle the spice mixture all over the chicken on both sides, and rub in.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat for at least 3 minutes. When it is hot, add 2 tablespoons oil. Swirl to coat. The oil should shimmer right away.
- Carefully place the chicken in the pan.
- Once all the chicken is in the pan, lower the heat to medium. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes. If you try to flip the chicken and it sticks to the pan, it's not ready to turn.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan and swirl the pan as it melts. (The butter helps the chicken to brown, and brings flavor.) Cook the chicken on the second side for about 2 minutes, until the other side is a deep golden brown and a meat thermometer registers 160F. Remove the chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Leave all juices in the pan.
- Cook the fettuccine.
- Add 1 tablespoon kosher salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When it is at a rolling boil, add 12 ounces of fettuccine. Stir occasionally so the noodles don't stick to each other. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the noodles are al dente. Drain the noodles, but be sure to SAVE about a cup of the pasta water. Set it aside in a small bowl. Then add a drizzle of olive oil to the noodles and stir so that they don't stick to each other. Set aside.
- Make the alfredo sauce: - In the same pan that you cooked the chicken in, add 3/4 cup butter (1 and 1/2 sticks) over medium heat. Let it melt and bubble a bit (don't let it brown), then add 5 cloves of smashed and minced garlic. Saute the garlic for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Slowly add 2 cups of cream while stirring. Take your time. Add 1 and 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Let the cream mixture cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until you see gentle bubbles on the side of the pan. Do not bring to a full boil; your sauce will break (meaning it will look curdled instead of smooth). Lower the heat to medium low.
- Add your parmesan cheese.
- Add the cheese to the sauce just a few tablespoons at a time. Sprinkle some in and stir for a bit to help it melt, then add a bit more cheese, stir, etc. This will help the cheese to melt more thoroughly, making a smooth sauce.
- Once all the cheese is added in, taste the sauce and adjust seasonings as you like.
- Add the noodles in batches so that it all gets coated well in sauce. Add in about 1/3, stir to coat, the next 1/3, and so on.
- Use a knife to cut chicken. You can either plate the pasta and arrange the chicken on top to serve, or add the chicken to the pasta in the pan and stir it all together.
- NOTE!: you have a wait a few minutes before serving, keep the heat on low and cover. The sauce will continue to thicken as it sits, so to loosen it just before serving, add the reserved pasta water a couple tablespoons at a time, stirring well.
- Took that presentation picture to late. Whole family gobbled it up to fast lol!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!