Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, pancit. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pancit is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Pancit is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have pancit using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pancit:
- Make ready rice noodles/rice sticks (16 0z)
- Take medium onion, chopped
- Take garlic cloves, chopped (or more!)
- Prepare olive oil
- Prepare bay leaf
- Take chicken pieces (boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces or strips) OR my favorite shortcut is to shred a whole rotisserie chicken
- Make ready raw shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- Make ready chicken broth (or vegetable)
- Get soy sauce
- Make ready lemon juice
- Take scallions, thinly sliced to serve at the table
- Take Lemon wedges to serve at the table
- Make ready OPTIONS: this is a very versatile dish that is also good with pork or any combination of proteins. Vegetables such as shredded cabbage, carrots, green beans, asparagus are excellent additions as well
Instructions to make Pancit:
- Soak the rick sticks in a large bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime – in a large pot over medium heat, add the oil and sauté the onion for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and bay leaf, mix well and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for a few minutes until the pink is almost gone. (It will continue to cook after the liquid is added.)
- Pour in the stock, soy sauce, and lemon juice (plus a sprinkle of scallions) mix together well and bring to a simmer.
- Add drained rice noodle, mix together gently, trying not to break the noodle.
- Cover pot, lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes,
- Add shrimp, gently mix, allowing liquid to be absorbed by the noodle. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, checking often that the liquid is absorbing evenly. (Add more stock if noodles appear to be dry.)
- Continue to cook over low heat for about 10 minutes until noodle is tender but not overdone. Mix gently as needed to absorb the liquid.
- Serve with scallion and lemon wedges on the side.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food pancit recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!