Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and Gravy is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and Gravy is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and Gravy:
- Take 1 Chicken stock cube for gravy
- Make ready 1 beef stock cube
- Get 1 1/2 cup (3.5 DL) boiling water
- Get 2 tbsp butter
- Get 2 tbsp Flour
- Get 1/4 tbsp Pepper(optional)
- Make ready Salt (as needed)
- Get Chicken coating
- Get 2 tbsp + 2tsp Flour
- Make ready Paprika powder/Chilli powder
- Prepare Garlic powder (optional)
- Prepare 2 tbsp olive oil
- Get 4 chicken breasts
- Get Salt and Pepper
- Take 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Take 1/2 tbsp Butter
- Get Mashed potatoes
- Prepare 3 big potatoes or 4 small ones
- Prepare Salt for boiling
- Take 100 g / 1/2 cup Room temperature butter
- Take 60 ml / 1/4 cup of warm milk
Instructions to make Pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and Gravy:
- MASHED POTATOES* - For the mashed potatoes. Clean the potatoes and use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin. Cut the potatoes up into small cubes and place into a saucepan. Fill with cold water and place over medium-high to bring to the boil. Boil the potatoes for 20-30 minutes or until very tender and nearly falling apart.
- Drain the water using a colander and place the potatoes back into the saucepan. Keep on the heat until there is no longer large amounts of steam. Remove from the heat and start mash the potatoes using a potato smasher or a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper and gradually start adding the butter in small amounts. Make sure the butter is at room temperature so it doesn’t bring down the temperature of the potatoes. Once all the butter has been incorporated start to add the warm milk in small amounts until you are happy with the consistency. You may not need to use all the milk. Check for seasoning. Then your done with the mash.
- GRAVY* - Add boiling water into a bowl, add chicken and beef stock cubes then mix until combined. Leave that waiting. - - Add butter then flour into a deep pan. Stir. When butter-flour mixture turns light brown, add the stock, stir. Add pepper (optional) for extra flavour add garlic powder. Let it boil, take it off heat when the gravy is thick and smooth. Then the gravy is done.
- CHICKEN* - For coating, add flour, garlic powder(optional), paprika powder into a small bowl. - - Then pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Add olive oil, salt and pepper on both sides of chicken. - - Apply the coating from before on both sides. - Heat pan for medium flame and add 1-2tbsp olive oil. - Add 1/2 tsp butter into pan. - Then add the coated chicken breasts. - Fry the chicken and serve on plate. And viola enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food pan fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!