Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, brown butter and sage linguine with chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Brown butter and sage linguine with chicken is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Brown butter and sage linguine with chicken is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have brown butter and sage linguine with chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Brown butter and sage linguine with chicken:
- Make ready 2 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- Take 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Prepare Handful fresh sage (about 2 dozen leaves)
- Prepare 450 g dry linguine
- Make ready 1 large shallot, finely sliced
- Get 1/2 fresh lemon (finely grated rind and juice)
- Make ready Freshly grated parmesan for garnish
Instructions to make Brown butter and sage linguine with chicken:
- Wrap the chicken breasts in between layers of cling film and use a kitchen mallet, rolling pin, or pot to pound them to an even thickness (aim for about 1 to 1 1/2 cm).
- Put a large pan on medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt. Add the sage leaves and let them fry until crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes. Fish out the sage leaves and set them aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and lay them into the pan. Turn the heat up to medium-high and add a splash of olive oil. Sear the chicken, turning over every few minutes, for about 12 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 165 F internal temperature. Remove the breasts to a plate to rest.
- Drop the pasta into a large pot of boiling, salted water. By the time the noodles are cooked, the sauce should be ready.
- Add the shallots to the pan you used for the sage. Turn the heat back down to medium and let cook about 5 minutes until the shallots are soft and starting to brown. If they seem to cook too fast, add a ladleful of the pasta cooking water to slow the process down.
- Carve the chicken into large chunks and return the pieces to the pan. Stir in a few more ladles of pasta water until the sauce emulsifies and thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer gently until the pasta is ready.
- Drag the cooked noodles into the pan of sauce. Add the lemon rind and a squeeze of juice, then toss to coat. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and the crispy sage leaves.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food brown butter and sage linguine with chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!